Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010



































































This Christmas was very special. Jett understood Christmas much more than last year and I am so excited to see him next year. It's so magical and it brings back so many memories of Bonnie and I waiting at the top of the stairs yelling to come down.

People always said Christmas will be so much fun when you have kids and now I understand why. The magic is back!

After saying that, I realize I have trouble focusing on Christ and the gift of forgiveness with everything that goes on with Christmas. I am sad to admit that, but I am working on it. I think a lot of us need to work on that. The only thing in this world that matters is our relationship with Jesus.

I now understand what people mean by the holidays being hard. Each holiday makes it so much more obvious we are missing Thomas so very much. I miss him daily but the holidays give us an extra punch in the stomach.Talking to a friend today, we discussed how amazing it will be when we are all in Heaven having Christmas with all our loved ones every single day!I know we talk about how great Heaven will be a lot but I think we sometimes forget that it is real and we will actually get to be there! That anticipation is much better than a Christmas in this world any day.

Jett Update:

He is starting to say more words! Finally!

He said I love you the other day but it wasn't very articulate.

Today we noticed him saying a "t" sound when we hand him something and now we realize he is attempting "thank you."

He's having trouble going places with us because HE WANTS TO WALK. He doesn't want to be held. He's pretty good in the stroller so I am very thankful for that!

He still loves Mickey Mouse and LOVES Robin Hood which is Travis' favorite cartoon/movie.

He LOVES ice. He doesn't say the word yet but he'll go get a cup and try to get it on his own.

He's obsessed with this Cardinals ball/blanket Tennille and Trey got for him last year. He smiles so big when I hand it to him and it's precious. So sweet, that mom gave him another one which I am sooo thankful for!

He is being sooo good at napping and going night night, I am afraid to post about it!

The other day, he was sitting in my lap and got up, got his blanket, paci, (I know, I know) and went to his room to be put down. (This is not every time but he's doing well) (Thanks Dori for helping me learn how to get him down)

He still does his silly laugh where he pushes all his air out and giggles. It's very hard for me to do but it's so cute when he does it!

He's soo silly! I LOVE that because I married Travis because of his silliness. I hope Jett turns out just like him. Soft heart, goofy as possible, and an amazing Christian. Jett gets quiet at first when he meets someone but once he warms up, he just runs around laughing.

He LOVES his mimi, poppy, mum, and papaw. It's another AMAZING blessing knowing he is being loved on all day by the ones he loves sooo much!

I am in awe of God's blessings on this earth and can't thank him enough for Jett. I know He knows, but I continue to thank Him every chance I get.


1 comment:

Carmen Clark said...

Becky, I so enjoyed catching up on your blog and seeing all the kiddos. Wow- they are getting so big!! Looks like you're having a ball with cute little Jett and all those cousins! Say hello to your family for us. Happy New Year!! Love, Carmen