Monday, February 16, 2009

Glucose Test

Ok, so I failed my first glucose test so I had to do the terrible, awful 7:08 a.m-12:00 p.m. dr's visit where they take my blood 4 times!!! This is coming from someone that normally passess out when just talking about the bl word! I have such a great group of supporters though!! Travis took the day off and went back with me each time they took my blood (in case he had to scoop me off the floor) and Bonnie and Julie hung out with me and kept me company!! Bonnie had a gift for each hour to open for Baby Jett!! It was so much fun to get to open presents, I almost forgot why we were sitting there all day! Bon had to go through this same test and our sweet mom did the same for her and she was returning the favor! With all Bonnie is dealing with, she even wrapped and gift bagged each gift to make it special! Jett got his bath toys, an adorable Pooh outfit, and a precious bath towel with a duckie on it with duckie booties to match! It was so much fun and it's hilarious that I actually had a good time. So, if you have to go through the horrible test, let me know because I owe someone now to pass on the sweetness!

6 comments:

Wess and Kristal said...

Oh Becky! That's what everyone dreads when they take that yucky test, but it sounds like you all absolutely made the best of it!! I hope all else is going well with you and baby...and Travis too!! You all will be holding little Jett really soon! I can't believe it! I enjoyed your update! You all are in my prayers daily!

Jordan and Christina said...

Yeah for good friends and husbands! Glad it went ok for a yucky thing to have to do.

Christina

Dawn Mabry said...

oh WOW!! That is one of the kindest things I can think of to do for someone going through that test. What a creative and thoughtful thing to do. That Bonnie, I tell ya, she is something else. You are both so blessed to have one another.

The Lewis's said...

What an awesome way to make it through that test. Bonnie is great! baby Jett will be here before you know it!

Keisha said...

Wow! I really like the opening gifts thing!!!

I also really love the name Jett (especially the two ts)

By the way, we met last week when my husband and I brought food to Bonnie's house. We also met at Wal-mart a really long time ago.

Bishop Family said...

Becky,
I too, failed the glucose test and had to suffer through the 4 hour thing. The blood draws were not as bad for me, it was the drink! All I can remember about that day is the technician saying, "If you throw up honey, we have to start ALL over!" You were lucky to have Bonnie there. I sat with 6 other ladies, by the time we left, we were friends. Great idea about the gifts, I may have to borrow the idea sometime!