Tuesday, May 18, 2010

He's 1!!! Already??













































































I hear "it goes fast" all the time. I probably hear it 3 times every Sunday at church. I KNOW WHY!!! What they're really saying is ENJOY IT! I feel that way about most stages in life but this one is by far the most I have ever felt anything before. I'm looking at him right now and even when I'm thinking, "don't take this for granted" it's flying by! I can't get enough of each minute I'm with him!

I'm not saying my life is perfect and every single minute is so fun and awesome. It's totally not. But when I'm flipping out over something totally dumb, I can look in that rear view mirror and just see that little miracle sitting back there. Just looking around. I ask him all the time if he's real. I'm not sure if he is because I still can't wrap my brain around the miracle of life.

He is walking!!!
He started 2 weeks before his birthday which was this past Thursday. He's a mess! He's into everything and is beginning to let me know that he doesn't like the word no. He's doing ok with minding the word, but it sure does make him mad. Oh, I pray he's not like his mama in this area! I didn't like that word up until a few years ago! I'm still not sure that I like it.

He loves to eat that NASTY meat baby food. It seriously smells just like dog food and I can't feed it to him if I'm eating at the same time.
Despises carrots
Loves pizza bread from the crust
Loves Mickey Mouse

He can't wear shoes because he has hobbit feet. They are too fat. Not even flip flops will go over them. I did find some really expensive sandals that squeak and they're so cute. Only I'm so paranoid of losing them, I don't want him to wear them anywhere.
He gives a head butt to show his affection. Travis loves this because Travis is a man through and through and doesn't like to show affection but this is an OK way to do so as boys. It's so precious to see them head butt before he leaves to go somewhere. I still kiss and kiss and kiss him until he gets mad!

God is amazing. He continues to amaze me every single day. It's so fun having friends/family with whom I can share His doings in my life! I'm so amazed by His love. I'm becoming to a point in my grieving that I can accept that I am going to hurt. I AM GOING TO HURT AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST HURT IN THIS LIFE. There. I said it. We will hurt. It's putting our trust in God to stay with us through every second of this life. Thank you God for never leaving us.

No comments: